Friday 30 May 2008

Walk to Walkden





On Tuesday I wandered down the road with Millie to Walkden Gardens which is just at the end of our road and has had quite a lot of work done over the past couple of years. The red circle on the map below is the location of the gardens and we live on the road straight down from there.



We had a lovely walk around and, as usual, Millie liked all the bits underneath the plants, trees and benches better than those silly flowers her lady likes so much. However, and rather to my amazement, we also found that there is a wisteria arch now, within Walkden Gardens and that it is in full flower.


Now Lou would argue that I should have had my camera there. But I am not that organsied, so I had to go home to get it and return yesterday to take some pictures. In fact the weather was grumpy on Tuesday but beautiful yesterday, so this was not such a bad plan. It also meant Millie got to go back under some plants yesterday, so she was fairly happy with that.




Then last night I attempted to upload some pictures but this computer was playing up. It has a tendency to forget all about all of its drives, late on in the day, presumably when hot and tired. It then needs a reboot to remind it where it left said drives. But I was a little hot and tired myself, so it has taken all the time till now for me to finally get some pictures up. But I hope you'll agree, worth the wait.




2 comments:

Lou said...

Hi Kate & Annie!

(and Millie, who my little white dog, Cloud, would love to meet)

I see that you are new to blogging, and your choice of title and colors promises such warmth.

I googled Walkden Gardens because I am ever intrigued by the English concept of gardens. You are so fortunate to live within walking distance of this lovely place.

It's true that I think photos are the heart of a blog because they give our visitors a peek into our worlds.

But I am getting old, so I wish your photos were a wee bit larger. ;-)

The Pack said...

LOL! Yes, I was worried about them loading too slowly for some - but they are small.

(((((lou))))) thank you for coming over.

And yes, we are lucky to live by Walkden, it is becoming something really special.

K xxx.