Monday 29 December 2008

More Christmas and Worthington Park

One of Millie's favourite gifts this year came a while before the Big Day, having been sent over in a parcel, by Annie's Mom. It's a "big bone" squeaky toy and is pictured here when fresh from the box.


Since that day, however, it has had to be patched several times, to keep it going, as the main terrier aim appears to be to get the squeaker OUT and hence to disable the thing! Nonetheless, it is still carried around very proudly.

On Saturday, we had our ham and I am thinking of carrying a copy of this picture around with me, just to show that I can (a) cook glazed ham and (b) carve faintly convincingly! In the shot also are our corn muffins (I don't know why the potato chips are still on the table!) and a nice drop of white wine.

So, enough with the bragging lady! Before Christmas, Millie and I went out to Worthington Park again, with camera. So here are a few more shots from there. I was taken by the snowberries on bare branches.


Here Millie is ignoring another of Mr Burton's creations in the park, I call this the snail bench, but it may have a more elegant name :-)

Again, I'm not sure what this is other than "eagle-man" in my head. He always looks sad to me, so is not my favourite.

The park also features a much older statue to a local hero, Mr J.P.Joule, after whom the international unit of energy the "joule" is named.
Joule lived in Sale in the latter part of his life (and there are precious few other famous folk who have lived here) and there are also some quite charming information sheets about him on the noticeboard in the park.

And if you think this a tad dull, just pause to imagine what a nutter I looked, ignoring my lil dog and photographing the noticeboard!

5 comments:

cod said...

I have to agree with you on the "eagle-man" carving. He looks very sorry to have an eagle wrapped around his head. I can imagine that would not be comfy.

Your dinner sounds and looks delicious!

The Pack said...

Thank you ((((Connie))))).

There are more photos waiting to be posted too - can you tell I'm not in work at the moment? lol

K xxx.

cod said...

OMG......my word is:

codys

....and yes I can tell you are away from work! YAY!

Anonymous said...

The carving makes me hungry for something so tasty--look at those beautiful muffins! I love your photos.

The Pack said...

Yep, Jiffy muffins at their best!

Thanks (((Lou)))

K xxx.