Tuesday 16 June 2009

Hazardous Summertime

Annie and two of the guys played an acoustic gig last week and someone took video of them, so here they are, on youtube no less :-) The band is called Hazardous Waist, but the drummer isn't playing here, so I'm not sure whether they used that name or not. Annie's playing Mandolin. Phil is on acoustic bass with Andy on guitar.





Meanwhile here's another little plot update. The asparagus bed is needing so much weeding that Colin says he feels like King Canute ... do you know that story about holding the sea back? Anyway, following the latest weed, the bed looks very tidy.



The current bushes are coming on beautifully and we have already had a few redcurrents to eat. They look so pretty too!



Amongst the weeds, few are of much interest so far, but I do love the borage flowers. Apparently they taste sweet - so I'll have to give that a go one of these days!



That's it for tonight my friends. I hope everyone had a good day :-)

5 comments:

cod said...

Kate thanks for posting the video. "Summertime" is one of my favorites. (of course...... Janis did it) ;¬)

Tell Annie I enjoyed it!

Your plot news is always enjoyed! I made iced tea tonight with sprigs of my lemon balm. Yum.

The Pack said...

Oh tea with lemon balm, very lovely! We had a lemon balm last year and I thoguht it would be a perennial ... however, it is just twigs now :O Hey ho.

Glad you liked the video :-)

K xxx.

cod said...

I made the mistake of planting my lemon balm with my strawberry. Lemon B is being threatened by scary tendrils reaching out from Mr. Strawberry. I believe I will transplant Lemon B to where my pathetic green onions did not thrive and give Mr. Strawberry his very own earthbox.

(((Kate and Annie)))

Lou said...

Bravo! Please tell Annie that I considered it a treat to see her play and sing!

Your photo of the currents is gorgeous--what color.

The Pack said...

((((Connie)))) Tendrils - cute. Those are your plants for next year :-)

(((((Lou))))) Thank you, and I will tell MsA.

Sadly, Annie has broken a bone in her foot, in a totally non-spectacular incident where she simply stepped off the footpath at the plot. So, today we are off to the "fracture clinic" to see if it has to be plastered. More anon.

Love to all, meantime.

K xxx.