Monday 8 June 2009

Mum

It seems only correct to follow that post with an update on Mum. she has now had her surgery and the surgeon was apparently pleased with how it went. We're certainly pleased with how she is. She was home (to my house) 5 days after her operation and to her own home the next day. As of today, she sounds a bit bored! Otherwise, she's doing fabulously. The picture shows Mum (left) with her sister, Enid and brother, Donald. This is a studio shot, taken somewhere in the late 1930s.

The plants in my garden (geranium, aka cranesbill, above) and at the plot are doing so well now that I am going to be ashamed to post pictures for you to see how slow I've been! However, I will get onto that. This is "get your marking finished" week at work (I think that's "grading" in your parlance). After Friday though, life should return to some semblance of normality (I hope) and I can catch up. Maybe even learn how to video on that lovely new camera of mine ;-)

We have found some time to tidy up our "top patio" (I guess you might call this a deck, but it is paved rather than wood). Annie found the furniture at a bargain price locally and we have eaten outside a few times lately, whilst the weather has been very pretty. Ms Muse made me very happy be calling the lights I had bought "tiki" lights. I read about Connie's tiki bar ... and just wonder what it is! Now I am a tad wiser. lol

So here's our baby fig tree, with tiki light lit up, near dusk, complete with a few baby figs :-)
Oh yes, and we've had some nice meals out lately too. Here I am at a restaurant named the "Fat Loaf", leering threateningly at a rather fabulous dessert.


OK, more soon but meantime ... loads of love my dears. K xxx.

2 comments:

cod said...

Yes ma'am, that's a tiki light for sure! Love the patio and furniture and Annie looks quite relaxed there.

My mom had that same haircut as your mum, as a child. Love those old photos.

(((Kate))) I'm behind in blogging too, but thanks for sharing pictures of your life with us. I love it.

The Pack said...

Thank you :-) Yeah, I think that was the pudding-bowl style. I don't know whether her Mum cut her hair for her, I'll have to ask.

K xxx