Monday 16 June 2008

Purple Anenome


Yesterday my Mum came round and asked me what the lovely big purple flower in the garden was. It's almost unheard of for me to know a plant she doesn't spot, so I was proud and content to report that it's an anenome. The flower had struck me as particularly gorgeous too, so I was not so happy to get home from work today and see the stem all bent. What happened there, I wondered?

Of course, there was no reply to this silent question and the flower is now safely cut and in a vase on my kitchen window ledge. But the by-product of all of this is that I also photographed it. So here's today's photo offering!

The flower got bent, but we got a nice shot from that. Today also two older women are able to get married after spending 55 years together in a relationship that they have never tried to hide. Founders of the Daughters of Bilitis, these are activists as well as lovely old-folk getting a dream-come-true-at-last. Straight marriage got bent, but the women got something they deeply deserve from that.

Not a bad day then ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, congratulations, good luck, mazel tov to Phyllis and Del!

Love anemones--so delicate and fleeting.

The Pack said...

Yes and more fleeting than it needed to be in this case!

Thanks lou :-)

K xxx.

cod said...

What a cool story, huh?

Sometimes things go right in this world.