Wednesday 4 June 2008

Wythenshawe



Now then, if my lil lass Millie has a favourite place on this earth, then it is Wythenshawe Park. This is a sizable plot of land, owned by the local council and with an historic manor house (or "Hall") dating back to the 16th Century. None of this, however, features in Millie's trundlings around "Wyth".

On the edges of the park is a wooded area and "Rhodie Walk", which features plenty of undergrowth for rooting around in. At this time of the year, such grass as there is is left to grow and is taller than lil Millie herself. So much the better for jumping your way through!






So, this morning (yes, vickie, before the Krispy Kremes) we all went out for a walk in the park. And darnit, I forgot to photograph the donuts!







So, I've had a fiddle with the picture size and the text colours - better folks? QW aka K xxx.

5 comments:

Lou said...

Much better size--thank you ;-)

Are those rhododendron? What a lush place to walk. During the summers I spent in Cambridge, I used to walk from Cambridge to Grantchester through meadows, and the hedges there were magnificent--green green, and such a mixture of vines.

The Pack said...

Yes, known colloquailly by this fabukous bastardisation "rhodies". Aren't they wonderful. I think they are from China really, but since they've grown around here all of my life (Victorian plant collecters - or maybe earlier?) I used to think they were indigenous.

I really notice the hedges in the English countryside after spending time in America, with no equivalent that I've seen. So, I can understand you remembering the hedgerows. They are sometimes discussed as being "threatened" here, with people wanting fences and such as being easier to maintain. However, I think that the knowledge that a deal of wildlife lives within has now generally been received and so our hedges may be safer - for now.

Cambridge is a lovely area. We're going down in that direction at the beginning of August, for a Golden Wedding celebration in the family. When were you there?

K xxx.

cod said...

Beautiful!

But I think I speak for absent Victoria, when I say......a photo of the Krispy Kremes would have been major cool, but.......the hedges are nice.

;¬)

cod said...

Where are ya Ms. Cheesecake?? ;¬)

The Pack said...

Ha! Finally did something :-)