Thursday 1 January 2009

A Cold New Year!


Today we went for another walk across the frozen wastes of Wythenshawe park. We were there fairly early and if this cold keeps up I'm going to have to invest in one of those spherical jackets people buy for skiing and other idiotic activities :-( That said, the light was absolutely delicious.

When we arrived this morning some horses in a field adjacent to the park were just being fed. It seemed to take quite a lot of yelling to get the beasts to come up to where the food was, so maybe they lose heat by moving around? Anyway, they did eventually get stumbling along and were eating well by the time we got back to the car.



As ever, Millie had her own agenda and was not in the least bit interested in my attempts to photograph the horses.


Tomorrow we drive down to collect my Mum, who has been visiting my sister, in the south of England. That is likely to take quite a lot of the day, though I can give Annie the camera and we can see if she comes up with any good blog shots en route. According to google maps, this is a 2-hour drive, but that does not allow for the vagaries of the traffic build-up on our beloved highway, the M6. We'll then meet Mum, Susan and whoever else has jumped in that car and have lunch before driving back again.


On Saturday we then depart for a cowshed, in Wales. I know it's a bit late for nativity scenes, but you know us and our adventurous self-catering holidays! This "Shippon" is in a farmyard near Corwen, not far from the border between England and Wales. http://www.brynhalenmawr.co.uk/ It's only 90 minutes drive from here, but will be a few nights away, hopefully with some different scenery. We're taking all the food we could wish for (oh, and some drink) plus Millie (our "well-behaved" dog allocation) and we won't be back until Tuesday sometime. So, until then, take care my dear friends :-)

5 comments:

cod said...

OMG those are some great shots. I'm shivering! Hope you are having a wonderful time away! I love all the sightseeing you and Annie do.

Oh and Millie too. She found the perfect family!

The Pack said...

We're just back from the trip "south" to pick Mum up (only a bit south though sadly).

Anyway, that all went well and Mum is safely home. now I need to pack for the next trip!

K xxx.

cod said...

Have fun! I "trost" you will! 8¬)

Anonymous said...

You find such interesting places to stay. Have a wonderful time!

The Pack said...

I tried to reply to this from my phone, whilst we were away - I can actually view the blogs on my phone (isn't this world too silly) but the wretched thing wouldn't actually post a comment!

So, belatedly - thank you for posting!